Philippine Science High School SY 2013-2014 entrance exams schedule11:34 PM
My boy is planning to take the Philippine Science High School National Competitive Examination (NCE) on September 29, 2012. If he passes, he will be officially admitted to Philippine Science High School. It's one of my dreams for him, actually, and we really hope that he passes the test.
Republic Act 3661 established the Philippine Science High School. It offers free scholarship privileges to deserving students who will be prepared for careers in science and technology. Rap's strengths in school have always been Science and Math and, after seeing the school curriculum, he can't wait to be part of the system. He says he wants to be an architect or an engineer when he grows up.
To apply for the PSHS NCE, a grade 6 or 7 student from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education should meet the following criteria:
- Belong to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2011-2012) and does not have a grade below 80 as certified by the School Principal. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have special aptitude in science and math as evidenced by the report card, with at least a final grade of 85 in Science and Math and 80 in all other subjects;
- Be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- Be born on or after June 1, 1998 ;
- Be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
- Be of good conduct and behavior; and
- Not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.
Meanwhile, the requirements for application are as follows:
- Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
- Two (2) identical recent 1 x 1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable test fee of Php 100 for private school students (free for public school students)
- Copy of report card if the applicant does not belong to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2011-2012)
The application form can be downloaded from www.pshs.edu.ph. Deadline of submission of application forms and other requirements is on July 13, 2012.
My boy is catching up on his Science readings this early. Thankfully, his continuous Kumon sessions are already training him in high school Math. I don't think there are reviewers for this particular test so we'll make do with what's available in the bookstores.