family finances

It's Time!

8:54 PM

Eighty-six percent of Filipinos are concerned with inflation, yet 67% of this population think that savings and time deposits are the best ways to address it. Are you part of the 67% or are you with the remaining 33% who invested in insurance plans?

I was blessed to have been invited to an intimate dinner with Sun Life Financial "It's Time!" advocates, Pia Magalona and Bam Aquino. During the event, I learned the importance of proper financial planning. I realized that, indeed, it is never early to save money and invest it in things that would reward me and my family in the future.

Pia Magalona

Bam Aquino

Honestly, we keep major part of our savings in the bank. We don't even have time deposits and I'm really at a loss with all these financial options. Listening to Pia and Bam talk about how they managed their resources and how they are now reaping the rewards of their wise investments made me a convert.

Intimate Talk with Pia Magalona
Pia Magalona shares how having a life insurance benefited her and her kids when Francis M. passed away.

It's time! Yes, together with Pia, Bam, and Sun Life Financial, I resolve to become an advocate of my future and the future of my family. It may be difficult at first but I think that our financial goals are actually easy to reach if we know how to prioritize.

How do we begin with sound financial planning? We can start doing these:
  1. Self-assessment. There should be a thick line separating the Needs from the Wants. Should there be extra money to spare, it is better not to spend it on Wants but to place it in sound investments.
  2. Start early, start now, and swear to sustain the financial action you've taken. No more excuses, no more delays. Now is the time to act.
  3. Share the values of family financial planning and spread the advocacy. You can start with your family; share the knowledge to your spouse, your siblings, or even your young children. Share it to your friends.

Bloggers with Pia Magalona

Sun Life Financial is doing its part in sharing the importance of sound financial planning with the Tell-a-Friend program. The program allows an advocate to invite their friends to also sign up. Prizes at stake are Rudy Project watches, SunPIOLOgy calendars, and Kulay Pinoy diaries.

Aside from the online promo, the It’s Time Challenge invites mall-goers to Check, Commit, and Carry Out for a chance to win instant prizes and a trip for two to Switzerland.

Take the It’s Time Challenge on the following venues: Eastwood Mall (Feb. 26-28), SM Mall of Asia (Mar. 5-7), SM Lucena (Mar. 19-21), Ayala Center Cebu (Apr. 9-11), Limketkai Mall Cagayan de Oro (Apr. 16-18), SM Davao (Apr. 23-25), SM Iloilo (Apr. 30 – May 2), and SM Bacolod (May 7-9).

For more information, visit www.itstime.com.ph.



Bookmark and Share

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking your time to read my post. This is a DO FOLLOW blog. Comments, except SPAM, are greatly appreciated.

Visit My Other Blogs