Recipe Feature: Pinakbet with Sarangani Bay Grilled Bangus Belly7:19 PM
I missed Daing na Bangus so much that the Marinated Baby Milkfish package was the first one I opened and cooked. Since I am still on a diet, I had it baked instead of fried. Then, I partnered it with boiled camote tops seasoned with calamansi juice and a little bagoong to taste. It was yum!
So tonight, while I was thinking about what to cook for dinner, I chanced upon the Pinakbet with Grilled Bangus Belly posted at the Kusina Sarangani Facebook page. I'm in luck because I still have a pack of Sarangani Bay Boneless Milkfish Belly! Solved na ang ulam tonight!
This recipe is easy-peasy and the ingredients are so affordable. You'll have it cooked in less than an hour.
Pinakbet with Grilled Bangus Belly
- 1 pack Sarangani Bay Boneless Bangus Belly
- 2 tbsp patis
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 2 tsp ginger, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup bagoong isda or alamang
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups kalabasa, sliced
- 1 cup sitao, cut into 3" lengths
- 1 cup ampalaya, sliced
- 1 cup talong, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup okra, sliced into 3-inch lengths
- 1 tbsp patis
- Marinate bangus in patis, calamansi, and pepper for 30-40 minutes. Heat grill pan with cooking oil. Cook bangus skin side down first for 2 minutes over medium heat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Fry onions until soft. Add ginger and garlic, cook until aromatic. Add tomatoes, cook until soft. Stir in bagoong, cook until well heated through and add water. Add in layers calabasa and sitao. Cook and cover for 2 minutes. Add talong, ampalaya, and okra. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add patis last and turn off heat.
- Ladle vegetables in a shallow platter. Place grilled bangus on top. Serve.
Makes 4-6 servings.
For more recipes, you can check out www.facebook.com/KusinaSarangani or www.saranganibay.com.ph.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.