BREASTFEEDING SERIES No. 4: Breastfeeding and dads4:54 AM
One lucky reader will receive a pretty Next9 Nursing Cover and a Lactacyd Baby Bath gift pack! Raffle contest details at the end of this post.
During the You & Me & Mommy event at SM Megamall in August, I was able to meet dads who supported their breastfeeding wives. Breastfeeding need not be a mom's sole responsibility. There are a lot of opportunities for dads to be part of the whole breastfeeding bonding activity.
|Photo: “Club Med 2007 - 317” by Ed Yourdon, |
c/o Flickr. Some Rights Reserved
Here are some of the things that dads can do before or after babies are breastfed:
- Burping baby after feeding
- Putting baby back to sleep
- Bathing and massaging baby
- Giving a glass of water while baby is being breastfed
- Preparing yummy and nutritious food
- Sharing in the chores like cleaning and doing the grocery
- Giving the wife a relaxing massage
Moms are more encouraged to continue breastfeeding their babies when they feel that their husbands are there to support them.
Help me encourage other moms and moms-to-be to breastfeed. Share the link of this post in your Facebook wall by clicking the Facebook share button at the beginning of this post and tagging The 24 Hour Mommy by writing this:
- I and @The 24 Hour Mommy encourage moms and moms-to-be to breastfeed!
- You will need to be a FAN to successfully tag our Facebook fan page. Choose and click The 24 Hour Mommy's fan page as it appears in the drop down list after typing @ and the first few letters.
- Your post's privacy setting should be set to EVERYONE for it to appear in the fan page wall. If in case you are having problems in making your posts appear in the fan page wall, don't hesitate to place a comment to this post so I can help you.
- You will only need to share the link of this post once to qualify in the raffle. There are 4 posts about breastfeeding so you have 4 chances of winning! Please check out these other posts if you haven't shared them yet:
- This contest is open to Philippine readers. I will ship the prize to the lucky winner. Contest will run from October 4, 2010 to October 29, 2010. I will announce the winner by October 30, 2010.
- NO BOGUS FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS PLEASE! I'd like to believe that we're all grown up and matured enough not to cheat in simple contests like these. :)
- BREASTFEEDING SERIES No.1: The Benefits of Breastfeeding BREASTFEEDING SERIES No. 2: Common Breastfeeding Concerns BREASTFEEDING SERIES No. 3: Back to work!
Reference: Breastfeeding informational flyer developed by the DOH, WHO, and SM Supermalls.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.