Tips in buying used equipment10:31 AM
You may hear people advocate the purchase of used welding equipment instead of brand new equipment, saying that it is clearly the better choice because of the lower price. This is basically the same argument that you will hear people make when they are telling you that you should buy a used car instead of a new one.
However, there are a few things that you need to find out so that you can see if the equipment really represents a good deal or just a financial choice that you are going to regret. Ask the following questions:
- When was the equipment originally used?
- How hard was it used, and how frequently was this work done?
- Has it always been maintained well?
- Have there been any breakdowns or issues with the equipment?
- Was it new when it was purchased by the seller, or was it already used at that point?
- What is the reason for the sale?
- Have any more advancements been made in the technology that would only be reflected in brand new equipment?
As you can see, the seller should be happy to answer most of these questions for you, but there are also some things that you are going to want to look up independently, like whether or not there is new equipment that makes the used version rather outdated. Take your time, do your research, and ask these questions in buying used welding equipment, and it will be easy to find the very best deal.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.