Taking care of your Manchild2:59 PM
When we moms get sick,we can usually take care of ourselves and the whole household. But when dads get sick, they turn into a manchild and regress, turning instantly into big babies. Agree? I know.
Don't get me wrong. When my husband get's sick, I willingly take care of him because I know he does need some tender loving care after all the hardwork he's done in the office. Besides, that's why he got sick right? But since I also have other things to do, his sickness does get in the way. I'm not the only mom and wife with this dilemma, you know. Even Vanessa, wife of celebrity talk show host RJ Ledesma, also shared how she needs to give special attention to her husband when he has the flu.
I know that this sudden transition to manchild is just caused by his constant cough and throbbing head. The sooner my husband gets better, the sooner he goes back to his usual, strong and hardworking self. The best solution for this is to fill his three needs - physical comfort, mental tranquility, and tender affection.
So ladies, if ever your man gets the flu, here's what you should do to help get him on the road to recovery:
- Aside from stocking up on tissues, make sure you have a bottle of moisturizer handy, for when your hubby's nose turns dry and red from all the sneezing and tissue use.
- Trade in his morning coffee for tea with honey. All tea contain theophylline, a natural bronchodilator to help him breathe easily. Also, honey works to fight infections while providing relief fro throat irritation.
- Add extra fluff when tucking him in. Place an additional pillow under his head to relieve nasal congestion pressure.
- Stress affects the body's immunity so keep your hubby relaxed and entertained with a collection of his favorite movies and series on DVD!
- Grab your no-fail recipe for chicken soup. Aside from being a staple comfort food, chicken soup has been known to relieve inflammation and nasal congestion.
- Have your mother-in-law on your speed dial to get the support you need when he becomes too much to handle, hehehe...
- Of course, show him tender affection through the healing power of Vicks VapoRub. Make sure that you have a Vicks VapoRub family jar (25g) in your medicine cabinet for those unexpected moments when you need to giver you manchild fast relief from cold symptoms such as headache, clogged nose, body aches, and muscular stiffness. Vicks VapoRub's combination of Camphor, Eucalyptus Oil, and Menthol is proven to provide fast relief in just 5 minutes.
Join the conversation on facebook.com/VicksPhilippines to find other moms like me who have survived manchild ordeals and find ideas to take care of yours.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.