Natural skin care tips10:13 AM
There are a lot of skin care products being advertised today. When I was still younger, it would be normal for me to try out the latest skin care craze. I'm a sucker for advertisements and also a bit vain, that's why. But lately, I realized that less is more and sticking to the basics of skin care is better than having lots of products on my vanity table. These natural skin care tips not only made my skin healthier but also saved me a lot of bucks.
- Drink water regularly. Water hydrates the body which makes the skin smooth and supple. Enough hydration also encourages regular bowel movement which eliminates toxins from the body.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. We are taught in school that fruits and vegetables are glow foods. Not only does the skin get te vitamins and minerals it needs to stay heathy, the extra fiber also removes the toxins that destroy healthy skin cells.
- Get enough hours of sleep. The ideal is still 8-hurs of sleep a day but I get by with 6-7 hours. Expext me not only to be grumpy but also ugly with dark undereye circles and eyebags if I only get 5 hours or less of sleeping time.
- Exercise. Walk, run, dance... Anything that will keep you moving is good for the skin. For only 30 minutes a day of exercise, you can see huge improvements on your skin when it comes to its elastici and natural glow.
- Cleanse, tone, and moisturize. As I wrote earlier, I now stick to the basics. i use a kojic-glutathione-calamansi soap (I'm selling this, too!), tone with a vitamin-infused toner, and moisturize with papaya magic cream.
- Stay away from the sun. Put on sunscreen especially when going out and always use an umbrella or a hat on sunny days. I also put on sunscreen even when I stay at home because it can also protect my skin from the computer screen's harmful rays.
- Choose organic. Organic skin care products and cosmetics are not only good for the skin but also for Mother Earth. The ingredients are non-toxic and the packaging is highly reyclable. I just noticed that the downside to this is the shorter shelf life so I just buy ines in small packages.
- Say no to stress. Stay happy by living positively. Avoid negative people and negative thoughts. Always smile to exude that natural beauty within you.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.