RECIPE: Spicy Hickory Pork Strips11:36 PM
I thought that I finally stopped cooking lunches when the school year started. My boy and I agreed that it's time for him to have lunch money instead. My husband, on the other hand, started bringing lunch to work which left me cooking once again and I'm complaining about it. Here's one dish I was able to whip up with what's available in my fridge.
Here's how it's done:
1. Marinate pork strips with Mc Cormick Hickory Smoked Seasoning Mix for 30 minutes to an hour. I was quite hesitant to use it with the pork strips I had at first because it's supposed to be used with chicken, LOL! But, hey, it tasted good!
2. Saute chopped garlic and onions. The usual pang-gisa cut will do.
3. Add pork strips followed by the chopped potatoes after around 5 minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and hot sauce according to taste. I use freshly ground pepper by the way. You can also use ketchup instead of hot sauce if you don't want it too spicy.
5. Add the bell pepper strips and corn kernels. Then, add around 1/4 cup of water for the sauce.
6. Simmer until pork and potatoes are cooked.
Sorry if I don't give the exact measurements. It's just that I'm more of a ouido cook when it comes to cooking dishes. Rap calls me Tsamba Cook because of that. Funny how I thought of whipping up this dish in the middle of writing appetite suppressant reviews. How ironic!
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.